Hey There, Trailer and Diesel Enthusiasts!
Big news coming your way from Nationwide Trailers – Fort Worth! Our very own trailer guru, Dallas Muir (aka “The Trailer Guy”), was recently on The Diesel Podcast, and let me tell you, it was a blast!
What’s The Diesel Podcast, You Ask? Well, if you’re into anything diesel-related, The Diesel Podcast is like hitting the jackpot. It’s all about diesel engines, trucks, and the tech that makes them tick. It’s the go-to spot for diesel heads to chat and geek out over the latest trends.
Dallas Muir: Our Man on the Mic Dallas, who knows a thing or two (actually, a lot more) about trailers, rocked the podcast with his insights. He dived into what’s new and hot in the trailer world, gave us the lowdown on industry trends, and shared some cool stories from his days on the sales floor. He really represented Nationwide Trailers like a boss!
Why This Chat Matters Dallas isn’t just a sales guy; he’s a walking encyclopedia of trailer knowledge. His chat on The Diesel Podcast isn’t just fun; it’s packed with insights that any trailer buyer or enthusiast would love. Plus, it shows just how much we at Nationwide Trailers are into what we do and how much we care about keeping up with the latest in the industry.
Here are a few key takeaways from the interview. Definitely catch the whole episode on YouTube above!
- Growing up around trucks and becoming a diesel mechanic sparked a passion for hauling and driving, leading to a career change into trailer sales.
- The range of options, from small trailers to heavy-duty deckovers, includes different axle ratings, brake configurations, suspensions, and wheel and tire packages, making the decision complex and not cut and dry.
- The initial cost of upgrading to disc brakes may be higher, but the longevity and lower maintenance costs make it a worthwhile investment.
- Less downtime and longer-lasting brakes are a big deal for hot shot drivers, saving them money and increasing efficiency.
- The ease of selecting brake controllers for electric drum brakes or electrical hydraulic systems in heavy duty trucks is a valuable feature for users.
- The 10-speed transmission changes the driving experience significantly, making it a safer option for hauling valuable cargo.
- Waze is the most user-friendly and advanced GPS system, with real-time updates from drivers to help avoid traffic and save time.
- Trailers are constantly being improved to be more durable, lighter, and able to haul heavier loads, making them worth upgrading to a newer model.
- When lifting trucks, the size of the hitch and the drop pitch are crucial for towing stability and comfort.